Sunday, August 10, 2008

Here she is...


I checked into the hospital at 3:30 pm August 6th. It took 3 nurses and 2 hours to get my IV in! Around 5:30, I was finally given Oxytocin. I started having contractions right after the doctor came in and broke my water, sometime between 7-7:30 pm and three hours later...we welcomed Emily Brianna into the world! I am proud to say that I was once again able to deliver without medication! My mom was there as my doula and coach and Blain was an amazing partner, helping me to breath through the painful contractions. I was also blessed to have Margie (mom-in-law) in the room the whole time! AND...my dad cut the cord!!!

My doctor was outstanding! He was patient when I screamed and let me push when I needed to push...not rushing me and not raising his voice! The nurses (every single one) were so kind and helpful night and day! They really took care of me! My mom brought me home Friday morning and we've been doing well all weekend!

Madison has been so wonderful through the transition. She has spent time with both Blain and I separately each day and she constantly wants to kiss and touch Emily. It will be interesting to see how she does when it is just her with mom and baby...right now there is plenty of family around to give her added attention. Hopefully the next few weeks will go well. That is the latest here in Monterey! Keep you updated!

5 comments:

The Damas Family said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations! She reminds me a lot of Madison when she was first born. Hopefully we will make it up your way in November so I can meet her. I am so happy for you. I miss you. Call me soon!

Monica&Kevin said...

Congratulations!! I think she looks like Madison w/ that cute little face. I'm proud of you and glad things are going well! Have fun w/ your sweet girls :) Love you!

theresabriones said...

Sara/Blain; congratulations! She is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! She looks just like madison. I wish I could be there. Sorry I haven't called I need to get your # again. Talk to ya soon.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! madison has gotten so big too...emily is just adorable also!!
looks like you guys are doing so well! i'm excited for you :) miss you guys!!
<3