Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My 4th of July weekend...

Can you believe it? I spent the whole Fourth of July weekend with Blain in Texas! I've been planning this for weeks and it was executed perfectly! Blain had no idea I was coming!
I bought my plane tickets a few weeks ago and worked it out with some friends in Texas to help me surprise him. Rose picked me up from the airport, and Chris took Blain out to distract him. They got the key to his room and when he was on his way back, they left me there to surprise him when he walked in! It was perfect and I loved it! I got a hotel room off base and we spent the next three days sleeping in, eating junk food, going out to the movies, swimming, reading by the pool and just enjoying the short time we had to be together.
Of course, like all good things...it came to an end too soon! But I was able to come home to two little girls who had big smiles waiting for me! What a great weekend!!!!!

My handsome husband!

He never seems to cooperate when I want a picture!

This is pretty much what all of San Angelo looks like!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got to go see him! To bad we weren't still there! Aren't you glad you didn't have to live there for six months!! Let me just say that San Angelo was the suckiest place to live so far!!

Monica&Kevin said...

YAY!! You're the coolest wife EVER. Definitely you win 'housewife of the year 2009' ;) I'm so glad it went perfectly! Love you!

KarenSue said...

this is great!! what a wonderful surprise!!
Did you like Texas? its the best, ain't it...teehee

love the pic...is he friends with my son, who always looks away when taking a picture?

oh yeah, he is...stinkers!

(now Nyki said something about a ballerina pic of Madison?)