Thursday, March 25, 2010

Age is just a number.

I just turned 26 and there are days were I feel 50! Age really is just a number.

Now that I am in my "late twenties" I wanted to take a look back at what I've done in my "early" twenties!

At age 20 I was going to college at CSU Stanislaus, majoring in Sociology. While I didn't love school, I enjoyed pursuing my degree. I was working with an amazing company called Central Valley Autism Project, Inc. I was also dating a handsome young man named Blain!

At age 21 I was continuing on the path to my degree while planning my wedding! Blain and I got married April 23, 2005 and that summer found out we were expecting our first baby.

At age 22 I stopped going to school to prepare for the birth of the baby. I also took leave from work. We welcomed Madison on March 15, 2006!

At age 23 I stopped working for CVAP for good because we were moving to Monterey, CA where Blain was going to DLI to learn Arabic. Did I mention he decided to joing the Marine Corps?!? We missed him like crazy but were looking forward to starting a new chapter in our life!

At age 24 I was loving our time in Monterey and was also babysitting at our house and loving every minute of it! We also had a bit of a surprise...we found out we were expecting baby number 2! We welcomed another girl, Emily, to our family on August 6, 2008.

At age 25 the girls and I moved in with my parents for the summer while Blain was in Texas for 5 months for training. That November we all packed up and moved to Oceanside, CA and are now loving our life in Southern California.

I am now 26, going on 5 years of marriage and raising two girls. Though I started my "grown-up" life earlier than most, I have enjoyed all that I have learned and look forward to what my late twenties has to offer.

1 comment:

Monica&Kevin said...

Sweet! I hope it's another great year for you!