Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Another week down!


Another week of babysitting is done! Only three more to go! This past week went very well. Potty training continued and Madison is still doing wonderfully. Blain is getting ready for class break and is really looking forward to a week of resting! And I am trying to get Madison's scrapbook completely up to date before the baby arrives! It's a big challenge, but I am working hard at it with the supplies I have left.

We had one of the busiest days on Tuesday. I've never been so tired after a day of errands! We were up at 4:30 am to take Blain to school so that I could have the car. We stayed at school with him while he did PT so that we could take him to the gym to get ready for class. Maddy and I were home at 8 am, had breakfast, got dressed and ready and were out the door at 9:30. We ran a few errands, than went to our WIC appointment at 11 am. It went well...they did tell me however that Madison drinks TOO much milk...is that possible? I, personally, am glad she likes drinking milk!

We went from WIC over to a friend's house were Madison had a living room picnic lunch with Julia and Cameron. From lunch, we went to the Commissary and got our grocery shopping done. Madison fell asleep on the way home and so I took her up to bed at 1:45 then I put all the groceries away and had my lunch. Blain called, saying he was getting out of class early, so we had to leave the house at 2:30 to pick him up. That meant no nap for me and only a 45 minute nap for Madison (and remember...both of us have been up since 4:30!). When we got home with Blain, it was back in the car for a Costco run. I was in and out of there in record time...I just wanted to get home! Once back from Costco, I put most of the stuff away, then started dinner, ate dinner, cleaned up dinner, got Madison ready for bed and she and I finally got to just sit and rest on the couch at 6:30 pm! Again...the busiest day I've had in some time! I don't want another day like that anytime soon!

The rest of the week went well. Thursday night, Madison fell asleep at 5:30 pm, in her highchair, while eating dinner! She was very tired! Got her pajamas on and she just wanted to lay on the couch under a blanket until bed. And she slept in the next morning too!

We went to Patterson again this weekend. On Saturday, it rained, so we couldn't do much but play in the house. In the afternoon, we went to a graduation party for a good friend and Madison's former babysitter, Cassie. It was great to see old friends and catch up. We went from the party to family dinner in Tracy. Got back to my parents at 9:30 and it was straight to bed for everyone! On Sunday we went to church (outside at the park) and then over to Hickman for a birthday party for Madison's friend Taylor who just turned 2! Then it was back to Monterey to play with Daddy the rest of the evening! It was a busy week, but lots of fun!

No comments: