Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our week...

A quick recap of this past week...the week was like any other. Babysitting for me and school for Blain. Madison continues to do well with potty training. Her only accidents result from not getting to the potty fast enough, though she regularly goes on her own without needing to be reminded. We've started a new chart and she loves seeing stars being added to it! We've also stopped giving her an M&M for every success and are now giving her one only when she goes into the bathroom and goes without a prompt from mom or dad. It is working well. Our next challenge is to get her comfortable with using the bathroom at other people's houses and in public restrooms.

I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. My 7 month checkup! Everything went well. My belly measurment was right on track and though the baby's heartbeat is lower than it has been in previous months (high 150's) it is still a strong 142. The doc has made is first prediction, he thinks the baby is going to be bigger than Madison's 6lbs 15oz. He also told me to continue on my iron medication (for the anemia) until after the baby comes.
Friday night through Sunday afternoon, Madison and I went and spent the weekend with my parents. It's been awhile since I was there and it was so nice to be in my home town. Monterey has had some really incredible weather lately and so I knew Patterson would be hot! But I wasn't expecting it to be 100 degrees when we arrived at 7 pm! And it remained that hot the whole weekend! I spent friday night talking with my mom and sister, then having an ice cream date with my dad (I always look forward to those!). And Saturday morning while my dad was out jet skiing, I got to just lay around and rest! That afternoon, I went to a bbq/baby shower for some dear friends of ours, Phil and Sarah. They are expecting their first baby the first week of July. They are having a girl whom they are going to name Navaeh Marie. It was a fun afternoon and I was so glad to spend time with friends.
Madison with Papa!
Saturday for Blain was spent in Monterey doing a PFT with his platoon. He did very well, knocking a minute off his run time and increasing his pull-ups by 12 points! He continues to work at improving his total PFT score and we couldn't be prouder of him! Keep him in your prayers as he has yet another two day test this week!

Sunday was church and then in the car for home. I was so tired by the time we reached Monterey, that when we came in and unpacked the car, both Madison and I just crashed on the couch. Not very often does she just lay down in the afternoon, but she did today! I could definetly tell she was wiped out! After some playing, laughing, screaming, kissing, flying, and cuddling with her dad, it was off to bed! And now, it's off to bed for me!Madison and her good friend Sara after church on Sunday!

No comments: