Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"You're like my own little housewife..."

"You're like my own little housewife..." That's what Blain told me when he came home last night and saw me sewing away! I learned how to make curtains from my Bubba yesterday and I had so much fun doing so!
My Bubba and Granddad were here just before 10 am. While GD and Madison went for a walk and out to the park; Emily, Bubba and I went over to Wal-Mart and got the fabric and curtain rods (the rods we got were $1.50 each...what a deal!).

The next 3 hours were filled with fabric, thread, ironing and the sound of the sewing machine just going and going and going. The whole process was much easier than I thought and Bubba was a great teacher! She walked me through Madison's curtains and after they left, I made Emily's. They look great in the rooms and I am filled with such pride and accomplishment for not only finishing something, but for making them myself!

Ahh, what a day!
ABOVE and BELOW: Madison's room. Here curtains were lots of princesses.

ABOVE and BELOW: Emily's room. Hers were butterflies (with sparkle).

3 comments:

Monica&Kevin said...

Cute!! LOL I love Blain's comment. I need to do curtains in our house, they make such a difference! Good job Sara!

nyki said...

you can tell madison is proud too :)

KarenSue said...

very pretty!