Monday, March 23, 2009

I am 25!

My 25th birthday was yesterday! Despite the unbearably cold wind, it was a nice weekend. On Saturday we got Panda Express for lunch (a tradition for us) and after the girls took their naps, I was in the mood to use the gift certificates I got! So we went to Kohl's and Old Navy. Apparently Blain was in more of a shopping mood than I was and he had me try on LOTS and LOTS of clothes...all of which he picked out for me! Needless to say, he wanted to spoil me a bit and so I got some very nice summer clothes! A pair of shorts (my first since before I was married!), a jean skirt (which makes me feel young!) and like 5 or 6 shirts! One of my most favorite birthday items is the curling iron my momma got me! I have had curly hair since Thursday! It's so nice to feel pretty and that feeling's been long overdue!

Sunday was just like any other day; grocery shopping, lunch, naps and playtime. The weather was so bad, we had no desire to be outside. But I did get a delicious ice cream cake from my parents! So when the girls went to bed, Blain and I snuggled up, watched some Stargate Atlantis and indulged in a very heavenly dessert!

1 comment:

Monica&Kevin said...

HAPPY DAY!!! How fun, way to go, Blain! I'm glad you got some stuff just for you. I will call you soon! been crazy here...