Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Prayer

We are in the car, on our way home from Saturday night service at church. (I teach 2nd-5th grade girls) Madison is telling me about Sunday School and then...out of the blue...

Maddy: Why did God give you two girls?

Me: What? What do you mean?

Maddy: Why did God give you two girls? Two sisters?

Me: Oh, you and Emily? Well, He wanted me and Daddy to have two beautiful little girls to raise.

Maddy: But why didn't He want you to have a boy? Why can't I have a brother?

Me: I don't know. Maybe God just wanted you to have a sister.

Maddy: But I can ask God for a brother...right?

Me: Sure, you can ask God if you want.

Maddy: Can I pray now?

Me: Of course, you can pray to God whenever you want.

Maddy: I'm gonna pray. Jesus, Please tell God to give me a brother. I want one sister and one brother. Please give me a brother. In Jesus Name Amen. It was just a short prayer Mom.

Me: That was wonderful. Prayers don't have to be long. God listens to all your prayers.

Maddy: Because God can listen to my heart. He hears me even when I don't talk. Because He lives in my heart.

Me: (tear) That's right. (Proud Momma)

My Maddy is so full of love for our God, it's amazing. I am so proud of her. Despite the fact that she still hasn't gotten over this whole 'brother' business...

3 comments:

smaher said...

OOOoOOOh my goosh! I just read the Breast Pump entry and this one....I guess Maddy really wants a baby brother!
That prayer was too adorable...this is so cool that you share her cute things :)

Monica&Kevin said...

Her little prayer is so sweet! I love that she wants a baby brother. too cute.

Andrea said...

She is so cute :) I love it!