Friday, January 9, 2009

My poor girl

As a mother, my heart just breaks when my kids are sick. Madison, while not sick, continues to pick at the "ouchie" on her cheek. It has been there for months and it won't go away because she picks at it at bedtime. I think she may do it as she is falling asleep and may not even realize it. I know by now that it is bound to leave a scar and I feel bad that it is right there on her cheek because it will be one of the first things people see when they look at her and I just don't want it to be such a noticable scar that she gets teased ('cause we know how kids can be). I just hope she can eventually learn to leave it alone.

As for Emily, she is in day two of throwing up all her food. I've given her 5 baths and done 3 loads of laudry in two days! She was beginning to get dehydrated but after successfully keeping down three bottles of pedialyte...she has started drooling again! While she's only had two wet diapers today, at least she's starting to keep some kind of liquid down. And, after not sleeping all afternoon, she is finally fast asleep!!! I'm now preparing myself for the long night I know is ahead of me. Please keep her in your prayers! And pray for me as it's the first time my baby's been sick and I feel like I've never gone through it before!

2 comments:

The Damas Family said...

I completely understand how you feel when your babies are sick! She will be better before you know it. I hope she slept ok last night and I hope you got some sleep too!!!

Monica&Kevin said...

Awh...I'm sorry Sara! I hope the night went ok :(