Sunday, November 14, 2010

Emily and Rocky

My cousin Hannah and I took the girls to ride her horse Rocky. I've heard many many times that horses are often used in therapy with children with special needs. I wanted to see this for myself. Could riding a horse really have a positive affect on my Emily? Was I ever amazed! We were at the ranch for two hours and Emily did NOTHING but smile and laugh! She had not ONE tantrum or meltdown. She spent an amazing two hourse petting horses, cows, goats, dogs and sheep. She ran around through the fields and didn't even cry when she fell! While riding Rocky...she was completely content and at ease.

I am now a firm believer in the theraputic nature of horses. And we WILL be going back!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That is so awesome! I'm happy to hear that it went so well :) Love you guys!!!

Monica&Kevin said...

How cool!! I hope you girls can do this often!