Monday, June 23, 2008

Good-bye to Luke...


This week, we said good-bye to Luke. There were many reasons why we decided to find him a new home, but in short...Arabic, a toddler, a soon to be newborn and a dog all put together was not a good mix for our family. We knew he wasn't getting the attention he deserved from us and his digging was a mood buster! But we found him a great home with a young couple and an Alaskan Husky and they tell me that he is doing very well and they love having him! We wish Luke the best! Because Luke is gone...we have our backyard back! Had no idea how much we missed having it! Madison is out there everyday riding her bike and having snack and blowing bubbles! We have laid down the seed to grow the grass back and are planning on planting a new flower bed! It's all very exciting for us!


I went to the doctor on Thursday and again, everything is looking good! Heartbeat was 143 and I even lost a pound since my last appointment! I go again next week and then every week until it's time! I can't believe we are 6 weeks away from meeting our new baby! Blain is enjoying both his teachers and classmates in his new class. This week is full of testing so please keep him in your prayers. On Friday, Madison and I went to the aquarium with some friends and had a great time. We've been going there alot lately, but it's a great way to get out of the house and let Madison run around and play. She even made a new friend...Preston! We hope to see more of him! On Saturday, I went to a baby shower for my dear friend Kim. She is due the second week of September and she is looking great! We had some yummy food, played some fun games and just enjoyed being with friends. The rest of the weekend was low-key, we just hung out in the backyard and enjoyed the weather!

1 comment:

Monica&Kevin said...

I forgot to tell you, when I first read the title of this post and saw the pic of Madison digging in the dirt, I thought Luke was dead! LOL of course after a split second I was like, they're not digging his grave! WOW. I'm so ditsy..