Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The first attempt at potty training!




The Monday after Madison turned two, I was determined to spend the next two weeks focusing on potty training. I didn't have to babysit and so it was going to be just her and I. I figured it was perfect timing and she would have all my attention. Of course, things don't always go as planned.

The first two days we had no accidents, but we had no successes either. She held it in until naptime, when I put a pull-up on her! And she didn't go again until the diaper went on for bed. Wednesday was a busy day full of doctor appointments and errands and lunch with dad, so she was in a pull-up and wouldn't go into the public bathrooms. She ended up getting sick on Thursday and after the first blow-out in her panties all over our light colored carpet, I decided to post-pone until she got better. (She was sick for almost a week!)

Needless to say, potty training got off to a rocky start, but I haven't lost hope yet...the plan is to have her using the potty by the time the baby comes! That gives us 4 months...PLEASE WISH US LUCK!

1 comment:

theresabriones said...

Sara, this is great. It is so nice to see pictures of you all and see what is going on with you. I wish Mom/John (grandma and grandpa) could also see, but they are not Internet connected and probably will never be, but when she comes over to my place I can pull up your "blog". Thanks again. My love to all of you.

Aunt Theresa