Thursday, April 23, 2009

4 years!

Four years ago today, I married my best friend! Last night Blain and I were talking about what we were doing, how we were feeling and how we were getting ready for the BIG day!
Thank you to all who were not only there to witness our two lives becoming one, but for your continued support of our marriage.
During these past four years, we have moved 4 times, had two beautiful little girls, joined the Marine Corps and been separated for months at a time. And it seems that each Anniversary has been centered in some big moment in our life. Our first Anniversary was a month after we had Madison, so needless to say we didn't do anything! Blain was in boot camp for our second, so we didn't get to even see each other! I was pregnant with Emily on our third, however Blain did surprise me with a babysitter for Madison and he took me out to dinner! And our fourth? Well, although we will be able to spend the evening together...we are in the middle of Blain's finals and just a few weeks away from moving...so there are other things on our minds!
But inspite of it all, I am truly blessed to have a husband who cares for me so, who loves me despite my faults and who is helping me raise two amazing children! I love you Blain and look forward to what the next 4 years have in store for us!
Happy 4th Anniversary to Sara and Blain!!!

2 comments:

Monica&Kevin said...

i remember this beautiful day!! congratulations, and enjoy year #5!! woohoo! and don't worry about having a big special celebration on the anniversary. the normal days are what make life so sweet, b/c they show our true character and love for eachother :) love you!

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

Beautifully put. Isn't it amazing what 4 years can do and bring to a marriage? I love it. I just love seeing two people in celebration of the most true to life work of art: MARRIAGE. It's a beautiful thing. Congratulations you two!