Sunday, April 19, 2009

This past week...

...on Thursday, we were lucky enough to go to school with Blain and have a picnic with his class. I got to finally put faces to the names I've heard so much about. I met all his teachers and classmates. Despite the ridiculously cold weather...we had a great time. The girls were of course the center of attention! Emily did well getting passed around and Madison got to play soccer with her three favorite Marines (Daddy, John Bleeker and Chris Shraeder), so needless to say, she was on cloud nine!

Friday, my mom came to take the girls for the weekend. And Blain and I got to spend our last weekend together, just the two of us, before he leaves. Very low key...picked up dinner and a couple movies for friday night. Saturday we went to the mall and watched a movie, and I took him to a great resturant near the theaters that was so delicious! (We didn't need dinner that night!) The weather was so unbelivable that we walked around for awhile, it just seemed like a waste to not enjoy it for a bit!

I can't wait to pick up the girls today! I miss them alot when they are gone, but do appreciate and love the time I get to spend with Blain alone! In just a few days we will be celebrating 4 years of marriage. We have, on many occasions, said that it feels alot longer than 4 years because of all that we've done in that time. But they have been truly wonderful and I am looking forward to the next 4!

No comments: