Friday, April 23, 2010

April 23, 2005

Today Blain and I are celebrating 5 years as being husband and wife!!!

I love that he chose me to be his partner for the rest of his life, I love that he went out and picked a beautiful ring to place upon my finger. I love that he was 100% into the wedding planning and even did many things on his own...without me! I love that he said "I do" and gave me the most wonderful first kiss a husband could give his new wife. I love that a few months into our marriage, he told me he wanted a daughter. (I went ahead a gave him two!!!) I love that after 5 years together, I still get butterflies when I look into his blue eyes.

There are days when I want to throw his precious XBOX 360 right out the window. There are times when I want to toss the frying pan at him and yell "you fix dinner then!" There are nights when his twitching and the grinding of his teeth make me want to put a pillow over his head (ever so gently of course!) and there are times when I don't even want him to touch me.

But isn't that what a marriage is? The good the bad and the spontaneous hilarious moments? We have had a wonderful 5 years together and I am so glad that the good has outweighed the bad 1000 to 1. I am totally looking forward to the next 5 years, followed by another 5 years!!!

Happy 5th Anniversary to us!!!

*Loving my Life*

3 comments:

Monica&Kevin said...

lol. I love that you're so real about what a marriage is! I totally agree. I'm so happy for you Sara! Happy 5 years! Have a wonderful anniversary.

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary!!

nyki said...

you mean the next 105 years:)

this post almost made me cry! so perfect!