Monday, April 12, 2010

Friendless in Oceanside

Why is it so hard to make friends at Camp Pendleton? We have been living on base for almost 6 months and I haven't had a lunch date with a friend, a playdate at my house, or a girls night out...nothing. This is not to say that I don't have friends. I have some of the most wonderful women in my life and I love them dearly. Trouble is, they all live so far away. And I'm a nice person! I like to have fun and be silly. I am kind and considerate, a good listener and supportive. So why is it that I don't have one friend that I can call up just to hang out with? It seemed so easy in Monterey. I was lucky enough to make three amazing friends...yes that means you Kim, Melissa and Veronica!!! So why can't I have that here?

And so this is why I love technology. Cell phones, skype, facebook...all three have kept me connected to the friends that I just couldn't live without. Because even though we are 100's and for some 1000's of miles apart, I can always count on technology to keep me connected with the people that are so precious to me.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh!! This makes me sad! I wish I could just come up and take you for a girls night out...or just see you! Love and miss you much

Unknown said...

It really is hard to make new friends. I've made friends but not the kind of friendship we all had together. MISS YA GIRL! (hugs)

Monica&Kevin said...

Aww...I miss you!