Monday, April 26, 2010

day ONE

YESTERDAY:

I gave Madison a big hug in the morning and wouldn't let her go, she then started one of the sweetest conversations...

Maddy: "What are you doing Momma?"
Me: "I'm giving you a super big hug because I'm really gonna miss you."
Maddy: "Don't be sad Mommy."
Then she puts her hands to my cheeks.
Maddy: "I'll be back in ONE week, okay? I promise. Don't be sad cause you'll see me soon."
Me: "But one week is a really long time and I'm gonna miss you."
Maddy: "But mom, I promise. I promise I'll see you in one week."

I love that little girl.

TODAY:

This is day one without the girls and I feel like there is this huge void in my life. This is what being a mom is isn't it? Once you have children you really loose apart of yourself to these minature people! But at the same time, while I miss them so much...a mother NEEDS time to herself! For my sanity, for my relationship with my husband, for the need to step away so that I can be a better parent...time away really is a good idea.

I think I especially need time away from Emily every so often. Her Sensory Processing Disorder can create stress so easily and there are times where I just need to step away and remind myself that it isn't her fault. That's the hardest part, there are times where I will just snap and yell at her and than immediately feel guilty because I know she can't control what's happening to her.

And so, while I am already going nutso without them, I am going to cherish this time to focus on myself and my husband.

1 comment:

Monica&Kevin said...

You deserve a little R&R! Enjoy it! Love you!!